.

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Literacy narrative Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words

Literacy narrative - Essay Example Further, even writing an essay about our experiences after a school trip was also difficult for me for the same forgetfulness. More recently after high school, I decided to get a casual job and save some money since I was not keen to join college immediately. However, that is when I realized the seriousness and implications of my reading and writing challenges. Although I was only seeking casual jobs that did not require strict academic of professional qualifications, I did not pass a single interview. The questions asked were directly related to what I was supposed to do on a day to day basis and had very little academic significance. However, in as much as I had the correct answers, I could not organize them in a logical and comprehensive manner. I later came to learn that my answers were received with skepticism because they were considered a reflection of the way I would conduct myself and perform my duties. After a third interview at the same job, a friend of mine who worked in the human resources of the company advised me to consider improving my communication skills. This came as a surprise, because although I knew I had researched enough on the job I had applied for, I had realized that the problem was how I presented my ideas. I inadvertently found myself remembering the problems I had speaking in front of the class and while at it, I strangely remembered my days as a younger kid when I enjoyed reading Dr. Seuss. Somehow, in those earlier days I could tell the story to other kids without a problem. Reflecting on that, I convinced myself that it is something I can do again despite the many years that had gone by. As an adult who has missed several jobs because of being unable to communicate my ideas, I realize that it is costly not to address the problem. Therefore, I have decided to go to college particularly to learn communication skills. Equally important, I need to learn how to

No comments:

Post a Comment